Tiny Homes is a trend that 56% of industry influencers report seeing an increase in, and with over 200 companies in North America now building them, it is a concept moving from a fad and forest cabins to tiny home sub-divisions and the makings of a whole new real estate investment opportunity.
With greater emphasis on life balance, millennials wanting a home but not the debt, boomers downsizing and people looking to minimize the impact on the environment it is not difficult to see why the demand and interest in tiny homes are booming.
This months’ REITE Club meeting promises to be one of the most talked about events we have had.
Now you may be asking yourself – What are these things and why would I want to invest in them?
First, come to the meeting and take a tour of an actual tiny home which we will have in the car park prior to to the meeting.
But as investors or professionals what are those opportunities?
Secondly, we will have numerous experts on hand to look to address many of the questions you will have, including;
- Where can they be placed and what are the zoning requirements?
- What income or cash flow numbers can you expect?
- Can they be funded with traditional mortgages or is other financing available?
- Are other potential investment approaches like flipping or wholesaling possible?
- Is this the answer for crowded or expensive markets?
Come out and hear expert presentations on tiny home building & design, investor potential, realtor perspectives, financing, insurance, city zoning, tax & portfolio implications and the future. Including;
- Claire Drage – financing
- George Dube – CRA’s viewpoint, appraisals, placing in a portfolio
- Daniel Ott – architecture, warranties, Tarion, manufacturing, uses, design (functional and decor)
- Randy Dalton – uses, real estate investment potential, realtor perspectives, (city & provincial planning
PLUS – We will have an actual Tiny Home in the hotel car park available for you to tour from 5 pm to 6.45 pm and at the meeting break.
We would love to have you join us as we look at Tiny Homes and big opportunities!