As cities evolve and societal needs shift, the repurposing of commercial buildings and the initiation of land development projects have emerged as crucial strategies for optimizing urban spaces and fueling sustainable growth. These endeavours not only breathe new life into underutilized structures but also pave the way for innovative and purposeful land use.
This week’s podcast episode is Part 2 of a conversation with Ken Bekendam with a focus on Transforming Historic Buildings into Luxury Living Spaces.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Grasp the significance of adhering to zoning bylaws and building codes for smooth project completion.
- Explore the financial and environmental advantages of repurposing commercial properties into residential spaces.
- Embrace the necessity of innovative approaches and novel ideas in the competitive real estate sector.
- Discover ways to maintain humility and eagerness to learn for a thriving real estate investment journey.
- Envision how the housing landscape will be influenced by land development and preserving historical sites.
Ken Bekendam is an accomplished real estate investor and architectural design consultant who specializes in transforming commercial buildings into residential spaces. He has a background in landscape architecture and has founded his own company that focuses on designing, building, and managing construction projects. Ken’s team of talented designers collaborates to create sustainable and innovative solutions for underutilized spaces.
There are numerous opportunities for real estate investors to explore when it comes to repurposing commercial buildings and initiating land development projects. Ken shared his passion for unique ventures such as a 68-unit stacked townhouse development and an adaptive reuse project that transformed a church into luxury apartments. His innovative mindset and willingness to tackle challenging projects breathe new life into existing spaces, bolster the local economy, and provide diverse housing options.
He also emphasizes the importance of preserving heritage buildings and engaging in respectful consultations with indigenous communities. By integrating history, culture, and tradition into his developments, Ken contributes meaningfully to communities while creating valuable housing opportunities.
Brought to you by
BM Select/Butler Mortgage – https://bmselect.ca/